Gallelli Castle was built after Badolato’s local Barons Gallelli commissioned it in 1853, as neogotic style countryside residence located at the heart of their family estates in order to be defended from the brigandage raging in the region at that time.
the fortress of the Pietranera Estate, nowadays still dwelled by the descendents, has become a classy location for events since 2008, holding several records:
- it is the only regional location keeping the largest Renaissance weapons and armors private museum collection;
- it is the only location whose castle is surrounded by a 12 Ha enclosed park;
- it is home to the prestigious calabrese fox hunting horseback club, the only southern Italy club for the practice of this elitarian equestrian sport;
- it is the only calabrese location mentioned in the Italian nobility golden book, 25th edition 2015-2019 (recognized by the Italian Ministry of Culture).
+39 331-3899432 +39 339-4266920 firstname.lastname@example.org www.castellogallelli.it